An overtime class-ic

Krzyzewski and their 20 some-odd TAs put on a stellar performance. Here is what I learned:

I learned that Sean Singletary plays a whole lot better when he is angry. On a couple occasions last night, Singlet-angry's emotions willed Virginia buckets. Whether it meant draining threes most NBAers wouldn't touch or penetrating past one of the ACCs best on-the-ball defenders in DeMarcus Nelson, Singlet-angry got mad when it counted most. With the game on the line at the end of regulation, Singlet-angry hit a killer mid-range jumper with a hand in his face to send the game into overtime. Then, with one second left on the clock in overtime, Singlet-angry swished a ridiculous fade away for the win. If you get a chance to watch the highlights of last night's game, check out Singlet-angry's face after the last shot. Awesome.

I also learned why Professor Krzyzewski is so respected in his field. Coach K brought his over-achieving Blue Devil squad into a hostile environment and had his guys ready to play. Knowing Duke had to stop Virginia's Singletary in transition, Krzyzewski assigned two Blue Devils to mirror Virginia's point guard all the way down the court each possession. In doing so, Krzyzewski and Duke held Virginia's potent (especially at home) transition game in check throughout the contest.

I learned that J.R. Reynolds' calm demeanor off the court transitions on the court as well. With Virginia desperately attempting to make a comeback, Reynolds hit six pressure-packed, über-clutch free throws in the final three minutes of regulation

Latest Video