Three Cavaliers named ACC Player of the Week

Virginia women's basketball sophomore Lyndra Littles was named Atlantic Coast Conference Player of the Week Monday for the second time this season. Littles scored 24 points at Virginia Tech Thursday and racked up 22 points and 14 rebounds against Florida State Sunday. She leads the Cavaliers in scoring and rebounding for the season.

Virginia baseball player Greg Miclat was named ACC Player of the Week after going 9-10 over the weekend in two games against George Washington. The sophomore shortstop hit .900 for the week, adding four stolen bases, five RBIs and three runs scored to earn his first career honor as ACC Player of the Week.

Virginia junior tennis player Treat Huey was also named ACC Player of the Week after defeating No. 13 Luis Flores 7-6, 6-2 in a loss to No. 1 Georgia, Sunday in Chicago. This is the second consecutive week Huey was named to this honor.

Virginia Softball finishes Worth Wildcat Invitational with 2-3 record

The Cavaliers narrowly beat Temple 11-8 on Saturday afternoon, improving to 2-1 in the tournament. Senior Coty Tolar got the win for the Cavaliers. Saturday night, Virginia lost to No. 3 Arizona 12-3. The 2006 national champion Wildcats proved too much for the Cavaliers, who were held scoreless through the first four innings. The loss placed Virginia in a consolation game Sunday against Middle Tennessee State. Virginia finished the Wildcat Invitational losing 11-2. Middle Tennessee State scored 11 unanswered runs after the Cavaliers took a 2-0 lead. Virginia finished with a 2-3 record in the tournament, putting them at 5-5 for the season. Tolar was the losing pitcher.

Latest Video