Men's tennis heads to National Team Indoor Championships

The top-seeded Virginia men's tennis team will head to the National Team Indoor Championships this weekend at the University of Washington in Seattle, opening the tournament against Penn State today.

The winner of that match will take on the winner of the UCLA/Notre Dame matchup in the second round. The Cavaliers are led by all-world senior Somdev Devvarman, who continues his dominance of the singles and doubles fields. Senior Treat Huey will also look to extend his recent winning trend as well. Other nationally ranked Virginia players include sophomore Houston Barrick, and the doubles team of senior Teddy Angelinos and sophomore Lee Singer.

Also headlining the event will be the defending champion Georgia Bulldogs, who are seeded second in the tournament. The Bulldogs also won the tournament in 2006, and are led by sophomore Nate Schnugg, who has compiled a 25-4 record in singles matches so far this year. Schnugg teams with sophomore Jamie Hunt to form Georgia's top doubles team, which has an 8-4 record this year.

-- compiled by JP Stroman

Latest Video