Zoll, Wright gain recognition

Two Virginia women's basketball players were recently recognized for their achievements on the hardwood this season: Senior guard Sharneé Zoll was invited to participate in the WNBA pre-draft camp Friday and Saturday at the University of Tampa, and sophomore guard Monica Wright was selected as an honorable mention to the AP All-America team.

Zoll's achievements this year include breaking the all-time ACC career assists record set by Virginia alumna Dawn Staley while leading the Cavaliers to their first NCAA Tournament victory since 2005 against UC Santa Barbara. Zoll averaged 8.5 points, 8.5 assists, 3.2 rebounds and 1.8 steals per game during the 2007-08 season.

Zoll will join about 40 other prospective WNBA athletes to be assessed at the two-day camp.

Wright received her distinction in only her second season in a Cavalier uniform. As last season's ACC Rookie of the Year she led Virginia in scoring and steals this year with 17.6 points and 2.4 steals per game. Additionally, Wright averaged five rebounds and 2.5 assists during the 2007-08 season. The sophomore tallied her 1,000th career point this season and currently sits with 1,110 points for her career, placing her at No. 22 on Virginia's all-time career scoring list, which happens to match her jersey number.

--compiled by Aaron Perryman

Latest Video