Letter from the editor

The sun is searing, your favorite artists are releasing albums, Keith Urban is headlining at the John Paul Jones Arena and foxes are running aggressively through Grounds. So what's wrong with this picture? Oh yes. You are sitting in class, trying to stay off Facebook and away from The Cav. Daily crossword on day three of the semester. Never fear, dear Cavalier. Just because school has begun again and fresh-faced, young first-years have invaded Grounds does not mean that the world of arts and entertainment should be gone from your daily existence. On the contrary - now you have tableau to fulfill your every arts and entertainment desire!\nAnd, oh, fulfill it we will. Here at The Cavalier Daily, we don't just sit around the office gossiping and eating chili cheese flavored Fritos. We are out on the front line of the industry, scouring the tabloids for gossip and fodder, spending our precious time listening to new releases so you don't have to waste your ears listening to horrible music, paying up at the theater to bring you the perfect review of the hippest plays, concerts and films you'd ever consider spending your money on. We are your arts and entertainment ambassadors, dedicating our lives to bring you the freshest, most unique A&E news to you every Thursday in the paper and daily on our blog: cd-tableau.blogspot.com.\nBut we can't do it all alone. Obviously, it's the beginning of a new era here on Grounds. President Casteen is moving on and the class of 2009 has ventured into a horrible job market. Even your earnest editors can finally bring a fourth year of wit and wisdom to these pages - shocking, I know. In the greater world, T.I. is in prison, there are still rumors of an Arrested Development movie and Boylan Heights is back to hosting Wednesday night dance parties.\nYet change is a good thing. We at The Cavalier Daily are looking for the next generation of perky, fearless writers to head out into the world and report back to the masses. Interested in being part of the most award-winning, trailblazing section of The Cav Daily? Shoot us an e-mail at tableau@cavalierdaily.com.

-stephanie garcia

Latest Video