Letter from the editor

As the semester nears its end - yes, believe it or not, the semester will one day end - we at tableau take a step back to reflect upon what form our lives will take after we graduate from the ranks of The Cavalier Daily and move forward in our lives. What, you ask, do graduates of The Cavalier Daily - and more importantly, tableau - do with their lives?

Fancy you should ask! While it is pleasant to imagine our lives as picturesque - frolicking downtown, going to festivals and concerts, weeping together about films, rocking out to new releases, squealing with every new video game mailed to our front door - in reality, life outside The Cavalier Daily offices is often not so sweet. But our endeavors, if you can believe it, are often successful. Case in point: tableau alum Ashley Kinney and her directorial debut, She Loves Me!

Spectrum Theatre, a largely student-run segment of the University's vast drama department offerings, often produces a student-directed play each semester. This fall, third-year College student Kinney tackled the Broadway hit She Loves Me!, which follows two co-workers who exchange love letters through a "lonely heart's club" (yes, it's the inspiration behind You've Got Mail) only to find they are writing to each other. With the largest cast Spectrum's ever worked with - 17 actors, six art staffers, full pit - She Loves Me! debuts tonight at 8 p.m.

"Spectrum puts out great theater, but it lacks the manpower to make people realize how remarkable of an organization it is," Kinney said. "The cast and crew on this show are all so hardworking and consistently brings everything they've got to rehearsal - which is a director's dream."

Dreams for us tableau-ers can come true!

-stephanie garcia

Latest Video