Saturday night, either the Virginia Cavaliers or St. Louis Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols accounted for more than 400 yards of offense. Can you guess which one it was? Let me give you a hint: the right answer wears red and white, not orange and blue.

I know it probably comes as no surprise to fans of either team, but the correct answer is, of course, Albert Pujols. Against the Texas Rangers during game three of the World Series, Pujols compiled the greatest single-game, offensive performance in postseason history, raking five hits including three bombs which traveled 423, 406 and 397 feet, respectively. As a baseball fan, I watched Pujols' display of power in sheer awe, but, as I discovered much to my surprise Sunday morning, this apparently put me quite in the minority. I was dumbstruck to hear not only how many people didn't know about Pujols' historic game, but also that so many people didn't even know the World Series was ongoing. Now, I understand that this particular series might not offer the most compelling of storylines, but it's still the Fall Classic, people. Shouldn't we be paying more attention?

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that perhaps the reason the World Series does not receive so much attention is because of societal interests.

I'm not na

Latest Video